THIS WEBSITE IS THE FOCAL POINT OF A MULTI-PRONGED EFFORT TO:
- Build a virtual library for the 70.000 “collected” books.
- Find the books’ legal heirs.
- Mobilise legal action.
- Podcast “collected” literature and poetry.
- Raise funds for documentation and outreach programmes; especially for turning this website into a genuine interactive site with a database streaming video, audio, and much more.
- Organise exhibitions and art installations around the looted books; reprint some of them as an act of cultural renewal.
The website will become an interactive repository, allowing visitors to upload and rearrange information to it according to their needs. People will be able to create narratives of this event according to date, location, specific family library or any other criteria they choose.
This is a major undertaking that in time will evolve into more than just online activity. We imagine collaboration among academics, researchers, and grass roots groups with the aim of documenting and reviving Palestinian culture before 1948.